یکشنبه، شهریور ۲۴، ۱۳۸۱


That's what happens if you fly to North America on Sep 14.

Officer : Ok, you study at university.
Poor me : yes
Officer : so you are sort of going back home. you should know what is the name of the big tower in Toronto?
Poor me : Yes, it is CN tower.
Officer : And you know what is loonie?
Poor me : Yes, it is one dollar coin.
Officer : And you know how does toonie look like?
Poor me : umm, I don't remember.
Officer : you have been in Canada for three years and you don't know it!
Poor me : umm,
Officer : Do you have any British ID?
Poor me : No
Officer : But you were born in England!
Poor me : Yes, but I don't live there! I just have my british passport that is in your hand.
Officer : How come you were born in England?
Poor me : umm, because my parents were studying there.
Officer : What did you father study?
Poor me : Chemistry.
Officer : and he is Iranian.
Poor me : Yes.

Then the officer looking at my passport under the microscope!! Apparently, that is another application of microscope in addition to looking at biological cells.

Officer : Ok, you can go.
Poor me : Oh, thank you.
Officer : and you know what is GST?
Poor me : yes, it is a kind of tax in Canada.